One of the first gardening books I bought many years ago was Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. That book got me started with raised bed gardens. It is easy to make your own raised bed garden. Mine are 4 x 4 feet for easy access to my plants. You can make yours bigger if you wish.
- Basic tools — either power or hand will work.
- Measure your Pieces — double check for accuracy.
- Carefully cut each piece.
- Use long screws to join the ends.
- Have someone admire your handy work.
- Place in the garden and fill with soil mix of your choice.
Image Credit: ©2006 Frank Tansey